Tuesday, August 12, 2008

They're out there

Had sent an e-mail last week to the Charlotte DOT Bicycle Program Manager, Ken Tippette, asking for any guidance he might be able to provide on getting in contact with other bike commuters who live in my area.

Received a nice response from Ken yesterday directing me to an Uptown Bicycle Commuters Support Group. Sounds a little cathartic, but might as well give it a shot. He also copied one of the contacts with that group. 

Turns out that Ken lives in Davidson, NC - about 5 miles to the north. He often combines bike commuting with the express bus to Uptown. Ken offered that he sometimes will make the long trek home (I'm guessing around 20+ miles) on his bike, and that he would be glad to let me know in advance when his planning to do that so that I could join him for the ride.

Thanks, Ken. Glad to know you're out there. Now, if I can just survive my first bike commute ...

No comments: