Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Total bus(t) ...

The countdown has been delayed.

I could go through a list of excuses, but it comes down to this - poor planning and a life built on the convenience of petroleum-fueled transportation. As a gasaholic, I now rely on the internal combustion engine to give me more margin in life. Because I have more margin, I don't have to plan too far ahead. Because I don't plan ahead, I am unable to divorce myself from the thing that gives me margin. And so on and so forth - on into infinity.

This might explain the love/hate relationship people often have with their vehicles. It's co-dependency.

So, it's a total bus(t) this week. I'm riding CATS, as usual. The 7:23a 77X bus was standing room room only as I snapped the above shakey photo on my iPhone. We're just one big happy commuter family.

Next week ...

1 comment:

Warren T said...

Another way to get started is to just bike on short errands within a few miles of home. Statistics say that majority of car trips are within two miles of home...

You'll get it figured out.