Saturday, August 15, 2009

Slowing it down at the Davidson farmers market

Nice little ride this morning to the farmers market in nearby Davidson, NC. Quaint college town about 5.5 miles from my front door. Grab some java from Summit Coffee, listen to some bluegrass music, and forage for Saturday night dinner fixings. Fresh sweet corn, red potatoes, and the makings for salsa cruda - tomato, onion, jalapenos, tomatillos, cilantro.




Also met up with my buddy, Dan Rosenbaum, for breakfast at one of my favorite eateries, Toast, before saddling up and rolling home.

I really appreciate these kind of mornings. Slowing it down and enjoying life. The world seems a little bigger, perhaps a little less complicated. Pedal, eat, relax, watch, listen, pedal some more. Ahhhhhhhh ......

Time to make some salsa and thaw some venison for the grill tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi David ,
Are you the David Hogeboom from Goddard Street in Kansas? I'm your old neighbor Ellen Walter. I saw you many years ago on the news in Arkansas when visiting my parents.

David Hogeboom said...

Hello, Ellen. Yes - same person. The internet is wild place. Arkansas would have been 26+ years ago when I was living in Joplin, MO.