Monday, August 18, 2008

Burning dinosaur bones

No bike commute this morning. The weekend got away from me a little and I never scouted the route. Well, that and the rain on Sunday morning.

My friends had a mini bike-commute intervention during dinner Saturday evening.

"We think you need to rethink this bicycle commute thing, it's not worth dying over."

"I'm not going to get killed bike commuting."

"There are a lot of crazy people driving those roads in the morning."

They are right about the crazy folks in the cages.

What bothers me is that people don't feel that they have the choice when it comes to the commute. Burn dinosaur bones or die. Okay, that's extreme - but it's one of the things that motivates me right now.

I want the choice. And it shouldn't be a life or death (maiming, injury, etc.) choice. If the weather holds, I'll exercise choice on Wednesday.

No comments: