Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Road buzz

Today at lunch time I stepped out of the office to grab a bite to eat. It was nice day - low 80s, very little humidity. I knew that I'd have to skip the bus and pedal it home for my first full-fledged evening return trip.

Glad I did.

I think I had pictures in my head of fanged motorists impaling bicyclists on their hood ornaments in the rush hour melee. Never happened. In fact, not a single bad actor. Who has the actuarial tables on that probability?

I did, however, experience the post-commute road buzz with full blown munchies. It's that endorphin-rich sense of well-being that comes after a long run or ride. I'm a road buzz junky. 

Throw some good Mexican food and a Dos Equis on top of road buzz for an augmented high. 

Mmmmmmm. Delicious.

No comments: