Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lunch break walk

Slept in and rode the bus today. Stepped out of the office at lunch time and felt like I'd gone to the dog park and left my puppy at home. Seemed like everywhere I turned, I saw a bike.






So, of course, I went for a ride with friends after getting home this evening. Puppy love.

Lately I've been having political thoughts in between my puppy love moments. This has got to be one of the most interesting election years in my living memory. At least a close second to Nixon/Agnew v Humphrey/Muskie v Wallace/LeMay in '68 following the assassination of RFK. History in either direction - the first African-American president or the first female veep. In 1968 Nixon/Agnew won the popular vote by 500k votes and the electoral vote by 110 votes, leading a shift in power - Republicans became the majority party. 

40 years later - another shift in power?

No comments: