Thursday, September 4, 2008

Monster truck

Departure temperature is 60F. Beautiful morning for my first full-on commuter traffic bike-to-work.

More traffic on the road than my ride home on Tuesday night. People sure do get up early around here. Again, no bad actors. Everyone seemed pretty respectful. Still, I'd feel better if I had a defined bike lane. The GF would feel better, too. I send her a text message when I get to the office. "Safe and sound."

The Monster folks had big pickup truck parked in front of the building this morning. Handing out free cans of "Mean Bean." Was hoping for "Khaos" (my personal favorite), but hey - it's free! I'll give it whirl.

Colleague stopped by the cube after spotting the bike at the end of the aisle. She's been a bike commuter for a while now and has previously promoted bike-to-work days. Happy to see that I've joined the good guys.

Ah, life is grand!

1 comment:

Warren T said...

CAT loves Monster Mean Bean. I personally prefer coffee if I'm in the mood for coffee...