Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday morning coffee

Completed the full enchilada commute yesterday - 38 miles round trip on two wheels. The freeway was jammed up northbound as I passed over I-77 on the Stumptown Road bridge. Ugly.

No bicycle today. I've been trying to keep my Fridays clear of face-to-face meetings in our Uptown Charlotte offices. This enables me to work from our Huntersville office, which happens to be within walking distance of my home. It also affords me the opportunity to grab morning coffee with my good friend Dan.

What is it about coffee and friends? I think I could sit here with Dan for hours just sipping, talking, and thinking. And so we sip, talk, and think. Until our corporate programming sets off cognitive alarms - we begin checking Blackberrys for signs of life on repective motherships and fretting about meetings/decisions in the day ahead. It's time to go.

We say reluctant good-byes and head for the office. Glad to have had the time enjoy the java and friendship, trying to figure out how we can turn this into a living. Anyone?

No comments: